Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 18 Energy Deficiency

I'm still feeling sluggish and fatigued. I was assuming it was the low calorie diet and increased exercise. But I might be wrong. It might be that I'm dehydrated and vitamin deficient.

I googled "how to get more energy." An article on Web MD outlined each and every symptom I was feeling.
  • I've been fatigued all week.
  • I've been craving carbs -did you read my potato chip post?
  • I've been skipping meals -but I often skip meals in favor of snacking on energy and meal replacement bars. Mainly because I'm rushing around. More often because I'm just not hungry at the prescribed meal time hours of breakfast (8am), lunch (noon), and dinner (6pm).
The article suggested I first try to get 8 glasses of water per day. I'm going to start there.

I'm also going to research sources of Magnesium and Omega-3 fatty acids. The article says women notoriously get too few of their daily need.

My current multivitamin only has 50mg of Magnesium, when we need 400mg each day! And it doesn't even list Omega-3 fatty acids at all.

We can get magnesium from peanut butter, green leafy veggies, and whole grains. I eat nuts every day. I eat green leafy veggies a number of times each week. But I try and stay away from most grains be they whole or not. My belief is that grains aren't kind to my waist line, and when I eat them I have trouble sleeping. I did an elimination diet last year and saw that when I went gluten free I slept better and had less mood swings.

Omegas are in fish like tuna, mackerel and salmon. I like tuna, but not enough to have a few times a week. I don't like mackerel or salmon at all. So I should probably look at a supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment