Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 6

I'm still down for the count. Nose is running less. Fever isn't so hot. But I'm still feeling weary and fatigued. This is probably a mild flu and not allergies. The good thing is that I was able to have a tight reign over my diet today. Though I was pretty immobile, I was able to save 500 calories while still getting high quality foods inside me.

Here are my goals for the week:

Begin Ab's Challenge

Wednesday, April 1st: 30
Thursday, April 2nd: 75
Friday, April 3rd: 120
Saturday., April 4th: 50
Sunday, April 5th: Rest

Begin Jeff Galloway Conditioning Program

I ran the Jeff Galloway Method for my First Half Marathon. I followed his First Timer's Program for Completion. Now I want to follow his program for Time. I conveniently forget what my time was for the first half marathon. Let's just say I wasn't last, but I could see the last runners coming up behind me!

The Galloway Method encourages walking in the midst of the running. I want to run at a 12 minute per mile pace. With that in mind, I'll aim for a 2:1 ratio. I'll run two miles and then walk a mile. I say miles now, but I will be aiming for running 2 minutes then walking a minute until I get my running foundation back up.

*My race goal for a foundation is to run 5 miles straight without needing to walk. So if I run 5 miles, then walk 1 mile, I'm already halfway done the half marathon! I'll just need to run another five miles, walk one more mile, and then run the final mile and a quarter! Brilliant right!

WEEK ONE
Mon: 10 min run/walk
Tues: 15 min walk
Wed: 13 min run/walk
Thurs: 18 min walk
Fri: off
Sat: 1 mile run/walk
Sun: off/walk

I head off for vacation tomorrow. Luckily the resort we're staying at has a fitness center. So, I'll be on the treadmill on Monday and Tuesday. We'll be hiking through underground caverns on Wednesday, so I'll easily get my thirteen minutes in. But I may just get up before the kids and run around the hotel before we head out for our cave, maze, and rope climbing adventures.

I downloaded the Blogger app on my phone, so I'll be updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment