Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 1: Reflection

You ever feel an itch, like you're supposed to be doing something.
I feel that itch from time to time.
I've been feeling it for a long time.
I have to do something.

I've packed on some weight. Okay a good deal of weight. Being a woman of color, chocolate looks good when its rich. But it doesn't feel good. I don't feel good. So I'm going to do something about it. But first I have to set myself up for success.

So I've started a blog.
My goal is to post every day for a year...and hopefully beyond.
My goal is to get down to 159 pounds by my 40th birthday. I know that's a specific number. I looked really good at 160, but I spent half my life in the 150's. So 159 is my compromise.

I'm a very goal-oriented person. I'm also a very competitive person. I've set some goals. I need to figure out how others to measure myself against -can't help that quirk of my personality. I was born with it. Its not going anywhere.

Any way, goals:

MARCH
From today, March 24th, 2015, until the March 31st I will walk one to three miles every day. Why am I doing that? Because one of my goals is to run a half marathon by the end of the year. My base the first time I ran a half marathon was three miles. I want it to be five miles for my second marathon.

APRIL
The Firm
31 Day Abs Challenge: Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

MAY
Transfirmer
Monthly Challenge: Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

JUNE - JULY
Focus T25
60 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge

AUGUST-SEPTEMBER
Insanity

OCTOBER
Half Marathon

NOVEMBER
Triatholon
Planksgivin: Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

DECEMBER
I don't know yet?

TODAY
I got my three miles in on the Jefferson Community track. I spotted myself in the aerobics mirror. I didn't look so fly. One of the main reasons is because I was wearing a mumu. The decision to go to the gym was a last minute one, like I said, I'd been itching for a while to DO SOMETHING. So I dropped off my son and a friend to their Boy Scout meeting, then I crossed the street to the Community Gym and walked the track for 45 minutes. There were a lot of hot guys on the basketball court. They all gave me a matronly smile. Eww.

Yeah, I gotta get my fly back.

No comments:

Post a Comment